When something or someone is bothering us, we call them “a pain in the neck.” This phrase must have been created by someone who knew that there is little that’s worse than nagging, persistent neck pain. Unless you have had neck pain – or pain in your upper back or shoulders – you never realize how important the neck and upper trunk are to your body and every aspect of movement. For those who suffer from neck pain though, there is a product that may offer some relief from the daily struggle: a neck hammock.
The best neck hammock consists of a sling that goes around the back of your head and a strap system that either attaches to an apparatus or a common household fixture like a door handle or a pole. The neck hammock helps gently pull your head up and away from your spine. Putting your head in traction like this may offer multiple benefits to those who suffer from temporary or chronic neck and upper back and shoulder pain. This position helps releases the pressure that your head puts on your neck and spine and increases blood flow in that area. This can help relieve pain and promote healing.
There are many neck hammocks on the market and this best neck hammock list can help you decide which product is best for you. While these products all work in much the same way, you can differentiate between your choices on a number of levels. The style, design, materials, price point, and accessories that come with each neck hammock vary. Depending on what you are looking for, one of the products on this best neck hammock list is right for you. Here are the best neck hammocks to buy in 2021.
1. The Neck Hammock Portable Cervical Traction Device for Neck Pain Relief and Physical Therapy
The Original Neck Hammock is a patented cervical traction assistant that works by gently pulling the head away from the neck to stretch and decompress the spinal cord, which increases blood flow, oxygenates the surrounding muscles, decreases pain, and increases the mobility of the neck and shoulders.
The Neck Hammock takes only 10 minutes a day and is the easiest, most portable, one-size-fits-all solution for your back and neck troubles – perfect for athletes, long flights, business trips, long work days, and more!
The patented straps are designed to wrap around any door, railing, or pole, giving you the flexibility to use the Neck Hammock wherever you want – no more laborious setup or oversized equipment
Comes with 2 sewn-in, medical-grade adjustable straps for customizable comfort & maximum durability.
The Neck Hammock was created by Dr. Steve Sudell Jr., a licensed physical therapist with over a decade of experience in physical rehabilitation. U.S. Pat. Nos. 10,307,284, D824,035, D845,492, D845,493, and D845,494.
30-day money-back guarantee.
Neck Hammock is a simple and portable solution that provides neck pain relief wherever you go. With Neck Hammock, not only do you get relief from chronic.
aches and fatigue (relief that you would normally only get at a chiropractor), but you get to take the pressure off your neck leading to a more calm and relaxed feeling.
Neck Hammock provides relief in 15 minutes or less in three steps:
1. Wrap it around your door handle
2. Close the door
3. Lie down and gently recline your head in the hammock
Once you lie down, Neck Hammock’s resistant bands immediately go to work by stretching out your neck, decreasing the tension and compression that gives you those irritating aches and pains.
2. Neck Relief Hammock Portable Head Hammock for Shoulder Neck Pain, Cervical Traction Shoulder Support Back Stretcher with Foldable Hammock Stand
Neck Relief Hammock Portable Head Hammock for Shoulder Neck Pain, Cervical Traction Shoulder Support Back Stretcher with Foldable Hammock Stand
- Neck Relief Hammock: Nowadays neck pain becomes a common problem for many people. Our Head Hammock makes it possible to stretch and relax the neck muscle, and helps to improve bloodlow, decrease pain and increase montion of neck, upper back and shoulders.
- Unique Foldable Hammock Stand: Unique design by binROC with foldable hammock stand. Easily assemble and dissemble, portable and space saving, you can use it whenver you need a relaxation and wherever you go!
- High Quality Material: Neck Relief Hammock is 100% pure with no additives and is made of the exact same material as the world's leading cotton manufactures which don't break and cause you to bang your hand in anywhere.
- Comfortable, compact & safe: The head pads are made of soft flannelette. Hammock strap is designed with compact elastic band to meet different needs, everyone can enjoy the super comfortable massager.
- Head Hammock Kit: the binROC neck relief hammock comes with 1x head hammock, 1x folding hammock stand, 1 travel bag with instructions.
Although it is the most expensive neck hammock on the list, this makes the best neck hammock list because it is the only one that comes with a stand you can use to attach the neck hammock to. This makes it easy to use this neck hammock anywhere. The stand conveniently folds down for storage and transport and is easy to assemble and set up both initially and time and time again. Once you set up the stand, you simply hang the neck hammock from the hook and you are ready to go. BinROC’s neck hammock with stand means you no longer have to compromise position or comfort to use your neck hammock;, you can set this stand up and use it anywhere.
3. SPOTON Portable Cervical Traction Device for Neck Pain Relief and Physical Therapy
SPOTON Head Hammock – New Model, Improved, Fully Customizable Portable Cervical Traction Therapy and Relaxation Device. Back Shoulder Pain Headache Relief. Spine Alignment and Neck Traction Equipment.
- BEST QUALITY HEAD HAMMOCK: new and improved design and function, very high-quality materials, for best results in just 10 minutes per day. Easy to use indoor or outdoor, on any door, railing or even a tree. Easy storage and transport.
- FULLY CUSTOMIZABLE - DETACHABLE AND WASHABLE PADS: No bodies are alike, and no pain is similar from one person to another. So why buy something that is not made for you? Find the exact fit for your head and neck. Fully customizable hammock for the exact spots that hurt. Spot-on pain relief through cervical traction. Soft material for the pads, fully washable.
- ADJUSTABLE STRAPS: First model of head hammock that comes with adjustable straps for any door or railing, that can even combine for the longest length. The length of the hammock is no longer a problem, because now you can adjust everything according to your needs. This also provides the best relaxing position for your body. High quality metal carabiner.
- FREE BONUSES - Relax your body and mind: Our product was made for your complete relaxation and pain relief. Adjust everything and find the perfect position for your body so that your mind can relax also. Get rid of the pain and find the healing power inside you. Free eye mask. Free relaxation music specially created for this product in 10 minutes sessions.
- QUALITY AND RESULTS: we believe in our product! We are sure of its high-quality materials and design! We are convinced of its results! This is why we want you to have the same belief! We offer a 6 month warranty for the product and 30 days money back guarantee.
This Neck Hammock is the original patented device invented by licensed physical therapist Dr. Steve Sudell Jr. Created to hold your head in traction and gently pull the head away from the neck, the hammock helps release tension on the spinal cord which, in turn, helps relieve neck, upper back, and upper shoulder pain.
You can use the Neck Hammock almost anywhere by wrapping the medical-grade adjustable straps around a pole, post, doorknob, or door jam. Using the product just 10 minutes a day may help not only relieve pain but can decompress the neck joints and cervical discs, as well as provide pain relief through stretching the muscles and oxygenating blood flow. The Neck Hammock is the brand name product on this list; it is among the most expensive too, but if you want the original and one of the best, you have to pay a premium.
4. Neck Hammock, Neck Stretcher Cervical Traction, Neck Hammock for Neck Pain Traction, Neck Traction with Adjustable Neck Strap
UVATIME Hammock for Neck Pain Relief, Portable Cervical Neck Traction Device for Neck Decompression, Shoulder Pain Relief, Physical Therapy, Eye Mask, Relaxation Gift
- READ INSTRUCTIONS BEFORE USE!✅ HEAD HAMMOCK - is a cervical traction device that can help eliminate your neck pain and relaxes the muscle around by (neck decompression) pulling your head away from the neck.
- ✅ MULTIPURPOSE CERVICAL DEVICE – by resting your head in the hammock for 10 minutes a day will bring benefits to your body like: increases bloodflow and oxegenates the compressed intervertebral areas, relieves the tension from the surrounding muscles, decreases pain. All this will be translated in a better sleep, improved posture and great mobility.
- ✅ ADJUSTABLE and PORTABLE EQUIPMENT – either you are at the office, at home or in the nature, you can always carry the small light bag with you and use our hammock by adjusting the length of the strap to fit any door, pole or railing.
- ✅ COMFORTABLE ELEMENTS –comfortable foam pads for ears and head combined with the well designed hammock with sewn-in adjustable straps provides an unique relaxing experience.
- ✅SLEEPMASK AND INSTRUCTIONS PROVIDED.
This makes the best neck hammock list because it provides everything you need to stretch out your neck and spine on the go. The material and the craftsmanship of the equipment that comes with this kit is top-notch. It has strong carabiner clips and plastic hooks, an elastic band with good tension, and durable adjustable straps. The neck harness is comfortable and the whole thing comes with a nice bag for easy transport as well as an eye mask and a door hanger safety sign.. This is a no muss, no fuss kit that is a good value for the price and will meet all your neck hammock needs.
5. Neck Head Hammock Traction Massager Cervical Tools Posture Pain Relief Relaxation with Free Eye Mask
Neck Relief Hammock, Head Hammock for Neck Pain, Portable Cervical Traction w/Hammock Stand - Neck Shoulder Support Back Stretcher Device and Relexation
- Neck Relief Hammock: The head hammock is a cervical traction device that improves bloodflow, Relax Neck muscles, decreases pain, and increases motion of ones neck, upper back, and shoulders
- Comfortable & Safe Material：Neck relief hammock is 100% pure with no additives and is made of the exact same material as the world's leading contton manufacturers which won’t break and cause you to bang your head in anywhere.
- Unique Hammock Stand: Different from the other patterns, with an unique hammock stand, there is no need to look for door knob or somewhere to attach the head relief hammock before relaxing. You can easy assemble the hammock stand, adjust the size of strap randomly, giving you the flexibility to use it wherever you want!
- Easy to use & Storage: Hammock Stand can be easily assembled and disassembled in a few seconds. The included storage bag makes it space saving and possible to take it with you. Perfect for indoor, outdoor, long work days.
- Head Hammock Kit: Our neck relief hammock, comes w/ 1 head hammock, 1 travel bag with instructions.
This is another simple and straightforward kit that is very good value for the money. Even though this is another of the lowest price pieces of equipment on this list, it includes everything you need to use effectively or to give as a gift. In addition to the pieces for the neck hammock – which includes the harness as well as the straps, band, and hooks – you also get a nice black drawstring bag to store the hammock or pack it for travel. An included soft eye mask will help you rest and relax while the hammock takes the strain off your neck and spine. This is everything you need for under $30–a great deal.
6. Neck Traction Hammock for Neck Pain Relief, Head Hammock with Durable Elastic Safety Cords & Adjustable Straps, Cervical Traction Device Neck Stretcher for Muscle Relaxation & Physical Therapy
Neck Head Hammock, Cervical Traction Device, Portable Neck Stretcher for Neck Pain Relief, Head and Shoulder Pain, Muscle Relaxation, Physical Therapy
- [Relieve neck pain&stay relaxed] The portable neck stretcher helps you improve sleep problems and poor posture, relieve neck pain, back pain, shoulder pain and tension headaches, allowing you to relax your mind and body to the greatest extent. Very suitable for comfortable decompression, multi-functional application.
- [Easy installation&convenient carrying] You need to follow our instructions to connect the cervical neck traction device to the door frame, door handle, railing or stable enough to hang. And it is much more portable than you think. When not in use, it can be folded into a small gift bag. Take it with you, super convenient!
- [Adjustable belt&advanced sewing]The adjustable belt has perfect length and maximum adjustment range, which can provide necessary support. Whether you are a man, woman, adult or child, at home or outdoors, this neck traction device can help you relieve neck pain and fatigue and promote blood circulation.
- [High-quality and comfortable materials]The outer fabric of the neck head hammock is high-end durable pure cotton, which feels better than ordinary cotton. The inner core is a resilient memory foam, which can relieve muscle pressure when lying down. Health is always our top priority, and health is always your first choice.
- [Customer satisfaction and support] We attach great importance to customers who purchase our products. If you are not satisfied with the products, please feel free to contact us. Congratulations on adding it to a relaxed and painless lifestyle, this will be your right-hand man!
This is a high-quality neck hammock that will be durable and long-lasting. The head harness is larger and fuller than many of the other neck hammocks on this list and is made from 100% cotton and memory impact foam. It is supportive and comfortable and, especially for people with larger heads, will have no problem giving you the support you need. The ergonomic design also affords users the utmost comfort. This is one of the lowest priced neck hammocks on this list and, although you do not get some of the accessories you receive with other, more expensive kits, this is a great value for the quality.
7. Bowtus Breathable Velvet Cervical Neck Traction Device, Neck Stretcher with Durable Reinforced Elastic Safety Cords & Adjustable Straps for Neck Back Pain Relief
Neck Head Hammock - Cervical Traction Device for Neck Pain Relief, Relieve Stress, Relax & Reduce Stiffness for Neck and Shoulders (Black)
- Fast Neck Pain Relief - All it takes is 10 minutes a time to stretch your neck, spine, upper back and shoulder muscles to help alleviate discomfort and pain. It can also reduce lower back pain altogether. When your spine is properly aligned, your entire body feels the benefits! This neck stretcher is perfect for athletes, long flights, business trips, long work days, and more!
- Physiotherapy - The best neck traction device is aid to gently pulling the head away from the neck to stretch and decompress the spinal cord, which increases bloodflow, oxegenates the surrounding muscles, decreases pain, and increases mobility of the neck and shoulders.
- Great Quality And Safety- High-quality materials and superior stitching help ensure long-lasting durability and comfort.Made from upgraded sponge foam and breathable fabric Let you sleep underneath it and feel confident.
- Comfortable & Portable - The two sewn-in adjustable straps are tailor-made to wrap around any door, railing, or pole, making it convenient to use our neck traction device wherever you desire. It’s hassle-free setup -no more laborious setup or oversized equipment.
- Applicable Gifts - That's the perfect gift for mother and dad making them live a happy life without any back, neck or shoulder pain. Neck head hammock is also a Christmas Day gift, Experience a life without any headaches or stress.
The two best elements of this Cosy Life neck hammock are its comfort and style. On the style front, this is one good-looking piece of equipment. The head harness has brown velvet on the inside and each pad is trimmed with black. While most of the products on this list are the standard black and gray, this one stands out as one of the best looking. In the comfort front, in addition to the feel of velvet against your skin, there is also a major design element that adds to the comfort level. Ear cutouts on either side of the harness allow your skin and your ears to breathe. Having your head and ears get sweaty during a hanging session is a common problem, and this design allows for maximum airflow to prevent discomfort.
8. Locsee Neck Traction Hammock for Neck Pain Relief, Head Hammock with Durable Elastic Safety Cords & Adjustable Straps, Cervical Traction Device/Stretcher for Muscle Relaxation & Physical Therapy
Neck Traction, Locsee Velvet Portable Neck Stretcher Hammock with Eye Mask Pain Relief,Cervical Neck Sling Device,Durable Metal Button Safety Cords Adjustable Straps Pain Relief Physical Therapy
$21.99 out of stock
- 【Soft Material,Comfortable Neck Stretcher】The neck strecter is made of memory foam with good air permeability. The breathable velvet is soft and comfortable. Locsee hammock uses the the D-ring reinforcement metal buttons and high quality adjustable straps, which are safe for you to enjoy it.
- 【Ear-Exposed Design】There are 2 holes in the head hammock and this ear-exposed design is good to reduce the squeeze to your ears. You can use the 2 rubber ear buds in the bag to make your world quiet. You can also listening to music for relaxation when lying on the hammock.
- 【Easy to Use】You can install itk with a bracket or with the door handle. There is a hand bag in the package,which is very convenient for your to take with it when you go out. Choose a safe object and install the hammock following the user manual instruction. Suitable for home,office, swimming pool ,gym and anywhere you can install the hammock firmly.
- 【Physical Therapy:Pain Relief】It works by gently stretching your neck and promote blood circulation to relieve the neck pain and sore shoulder. Keeping using the hammock will improve your sleep quality and bad posture. It is really a good hammock for people who has a long sitting and working in front of the computer,or who has a insomnia and bad body posture.Only 10-15 minutes daily use is enough for us to relieve your neck or shoulder pain.
- 【Portable & Valuable Kit】The package comes with Hammock + Eye mask + Earplugs + Storage bag + Color page manual + PE waterproof frosted bag
Strong, safe, and comfortable are the three things that this Locsee neck hammock stakes its name on. Three features differentiate the Locsee hammock from other, similar products on the market. One is that the head harness is ergonomically designed and has adjustable pads so you can find the ideal comfort configuration for you. Secondly, instead of one elastic cord holding your head up, this product has four cords making it stronger and more stable. The third thing that sets this apart from competitors is that it has a reinforced nylon strap and an additional safety band so you don’t have to worry about the equipment snapping and the user getting injured.
9. VBoo Wellness Cervical Traction Hammock for Neck and Head-Chiropractic Alignment Stretching Device for Neck Shoulder and Back Pain Portable Physical Therapy Relief for Headaches Migraine and Stress
Cervical Neck Traction Device, VBoo Neck Cervical Traction Devices with Detachable & Holes for Ear Design, Portable Neck Stretcher for Helping Neck Head Pain Relief by Using with Door and Railing.
- ※Alleviating Pain: Vboo Neck Traction Device could help reduce spinal compression and provide daily relief for neck and shoulder pain. Neck Traction Device works by gently pulling the head up from the neck, making the neck and shoulders fully relaxed, so as to relieve the fatigue of the day and allow you to have a quite comfortable evening so you can be more energetic the next day.
- ※High Quality Material: Vboo Neck Traction Device is made of breathable velvet and memory foam with good air permeability which is soft and comfortable fabric, and the connector uses the D-ring reinforcement metal buttons and adjustable straps. High quality materials and excellent humanization design help to ensure durability and comfort.
- ※Humanized Design: Vboo Neck Traction Device adopts ergonomic design, there are 2 holes in the Neck Traction Device and this ear-exposed design is good to reduce the squeeze on your ears. When lying on the Neck Traction Device you can either use the 2 rubber ear buds to make your world quiet or listen to music for relaxation. Fits your neck with a high-quality soft porous breathable material and the removable and adjustable foam cushion provides additional comfort and relaxation.
- ※Easy to Use: You can install the Neck Traction Device with a bracket or with the door handle. There is a hand bag in the package which is very convenient for you to take with it when you go out. Choose a suitable and safe object and install the Traction Device following the user manual instruction. Suitable for home ,office , swimming pool , gym and anywhere you can install the Neck Traction Device firmly .Only 10-15 minutes daily use is enough for us.
- ※Quality Service: The company advocating the "credibility of the first, the customer first" purpose of providing quality service and great products to customers. Feel free to contact us for an issue, we will give you a satisfactory solution.
This neck hammock does not look like a piece of medical equipment like many of the pieces on this list. The black exterior’s attractive quilted pattern says relaxing spa rather than sterile rehab. The product is also versatile. The strap’s custom hooking system has connectors that easily adapt to not only a door frame or a rail but a door jamb as well. Because of the looks and functionality of this neck hammock, you can feel totally comfortable using it anywhere.
10. Premium Hammock for Neck Pain – Cervical Neck Traction Device for Pain Relief – Neck Stretcher for Shoulder, Muscle & Head Discomfort – Adjustable Portable Neck Sling for Physical Therapy + Free eBook
Neck Relief Hammock, Portable Neck Traction, Head Hammock for Neck Pain Relief, Reduce Head and Shoulder Pain, Relax The Body
$19.99 out of stock
- [Relief Neck Pain] Neck traction hammock helps to reduce spine compression, relieve neck and shoulder pain every day, promote blood circulation and stretch muscles. The neck relief hammock is very suitable for people who stand/sitting for a long time, bend or have uncomfortable body posture in daily work.
- [10 Minutes of Use Time] Head hammock adjustable hanging loop can be wrapped around almost any doorknob, railing, or coat hook. Adjustable straps allow you to easily adjust the hammock’s height, even while lying down. NOTE: Be sure to choose a secure and stable suspension point.
- [Stronger & Safer] Neck head hammock equipped with three sturdy elastic cords and a reinforced safety band, for added safety and increased flexibility compared to other cervical traction hammocks. High-quality materials and superior stitching help ensure long-lasting durability and comfort.
- [Comfortable & Portable] Ergonomically designed to fit your neck perfectly. Detachable and adjustable foam pads provide added comfort and relaxation, while the blindfold allows you to rest undisturbed. The hammock’s lightweight design and the included travel bag allows you to bring it with you wherever you go.
- [Satisfaction Assurance] Neck relief hammock is an ideal gift for a friend, family member, or partner experiencing neck pain. We attach great importance to customers who purchase our products. If you are not satisfied with the products, please feel free to contact us. Our handling will satisfy you.
If you are planning on taking your neck hammock on the road with you for personal or business travel, this is a great product to choose. It’s a sensational and durable kit and will look good and travel well. In addition to the lightweight neck hammock, you also get a travel bag, an instruction card with clear pictures, a sleep mask, and even a door hanger that says, “Please don’t disturb relief is in session.” It is a great package that not only makes a very good travel neck hammock kit but is an excellent gift that anyone who suffers from neck or neck-related pain will cherish.
11. TROPRO Head Hammock – Cervical Traction Device Neck Pain and Tension Relief – Includes Massage Roller Ball for Deep Tissue Massage, Sleep Mask and Travel-Friendly Drawstring Storage Bag
Neck Stretcher for Neck Pain Relief, Cervical Neck Traction Device, TROPRO Head Hammock with Carry Pouch Door Hanger for Shoulder Pain Physical Therapy
- [Effective Pain Relief] Head hammock brings the miracle of cervical neck traction to your home or other places in the form of a simple, portable device you can use every day. It is able to make you relax into relief, eliminate tension headaches, release pinched nerves and improve posture effectively.
- [Premium Quality] Neck stretcher with memory foam and soft fabrics keeps your head comfortable and relaxed. The strong Velcro ensures safety when you enjoy the relaxation.
- [Portable & Adjustable] With lightweight cervical traction for neck, you can find relief wherever you go. All you need is a sturdy door or pole and a few minutes to feel better instantly.
- [Free Item] Each cervical neck traction device comes with a free sleep mask, door knob hanger and carry pouch for ultimate relaxation and better portability.
- [Worry-free purchase] We provide 24-hour excellent customer service for you. Please feel free to contact us if you find any problem about the product.
With its thick padding, sturdy straps, strong hooks, and convenient travel bag, what else would you want from this neck hammock kit? You may not know it now but the answer is an essential oil massage ball! This addition to the set is an amazing extra that complements the relief and relaxation elements of a neck hammock perfectly. With its white grip, you can roll this healing blue ball across the tension-filled areas of your body and massage away all the muscle stiffness. It is perfect for your neck and shoulders especially when you can’t be in the hammock. You can also put essential oil in the ball to be released as you roll and to add to your healing and good feelings.
12.Mamoo Neck Head Hammock Kit for Back & Neck Pain Relief | Neck Stretcher & Cervical Neck Traction Device | Spine Decompression Neck Pillow for Physical Therapy
2020 Neck Stretcher Head Hammock Portable Cervical Neck Traction Device for Neck Pain Relief, Relaxation Sling Provides Physical Therapy for Neck Tensions and Shoulder Pain
$29.99 in stock
- ★ YOUR PERSONAL NECK STRETCHER ASSISTANT - Designed by our top-rated physical therapist, our head hammock pillow provides gentle neck traction aid which pulls the head away from the neck to help relieve acute and chronic pain symptoms related to long hours on the computer
- ★ EXCELLENT FOR PROFESSIONALS AND ATHLETES - From long working hours to business trips to long flights, this hammock for neck pain is a godsend for physical rehabilitation on workers and sport players. The patented medical-grade straps are adjustable for customizable comfort and ensure you get the relaxation you need at the end of a long day of pain to fall asleep
- ★ INCREASE OXYGEN, AND BLOODFLOW - Just as it is done by manual therapy, the neck traction device stretches and decompresses the spinal cord to melt away the stress and tensions on your neck muscles and joints, and it can also help with shoulder and back pain. The benefits aren’t few: improved posture, blood circulation and oxygenation, and more mobility of the neck and shoulders, perfect gift for mom and dad
- ★ TAKES ONLY 10 MINUTES A DAY FOR PAIN RELIEF - The adjustable straps are tailor-made to wrap around any door, railing, or pole, making it convenient to use the neck stretcher wherever you desire. It’s hassle-free setup and lets you relax almost immediately
- ★ STELLAR CUSTOMER SATISFACTION ASSURANCE - Customer satisfaction is our priority which is why we provide 30 days money back assurance to ensure your piece of mind.
This neck hammock by Mamoo is a full-service relaxation and pain relief kit. The package comes with the neck hammock which is adjustable, ergonomically designed, and can be attached to a variety of places to give you the traction you need. The neck harness is extra soft and padded and can also double as a neck pillow that you can use in bed or on a flight. This kit also comes with some relaxing accessories that you will enjoy. There is a handy carrying case along with an eye mask, earplugs, a massage ball, and a fitness resistance band. This comes with everything you need to stay fit, strong, relaxed, and pain-free at home or on the go.
13. The Neck Hammock Store Neck Cervical Traction Device for Neck Shoulder Pain Relief and Physical Therapy, Portable Neck Support Stretcher, Relaxation Sling with Eye Mask and Carry Pouch
The Original Neck Hammock Portable Cervical Traction Device for Neck Pain Relief and Relaxation
- The Original Neck Hammock is a patented cervical traction assistant that works by gently pulling the head away from the neck to stretch and decompress the spinal cord, which increases bloodflow, oxegenates the surrounding muscles, decreases pain, and increases mobility of the neck and shoulders.
- The Neck Hammock takes only 10 minutes a day and is the easiest, most portable, one-size-fits-all solution for your back and neck troubles - perfect for athletes, long flights, business trips, long work days, and more!
- The patented straps are designed to wrap around any door, railing, or pole, giving you the flexibility to use the Neck Hammock wherever you want - no more laborious setup or oversized equipment
- Comes with 2 sewn-in, medical-grade adjustable straps for customizable comfort & maximum durability.
- The Neck Hammock was created by Dr. Steve Sudell Jr., a licensed physical therapist with over a decade of experience in physical rehabilitation. U.S. Pat. Nos. 10,307,284, D824,035, D845,492, D845,493, and D845,494.
This neck hammock comes from Aplos, a company that fully stands behind their products. This is a well-made, quality hammock but if there ever are any problems, Neck Hammock Store will be there to help. They offer 24-hour customer service as well as a lifetime warranty. If anything ever goes wrong with this product, the company will replace it. The other nice feature of this neck hammock is the memory foam in the head harness. Some head harnesses will dig into your scalp or behind your ears with too much use. The memory foam inside this harness will be very comfortable and let you hang for as long and as often as you need to.
How Do I Properly Use a Neck Hammock?
Like any piece of fitness or medical equipment, safety should be a top concern when using your neck hammock. Below are some general, suggested ways to set up and use your neck hammock. They are simply some best practices, but you should always follow the instructions that come with your specific equipment and consult your physician or physical therapist before using this type of product.
How to set up your neck hammock
There are two main anchors you use to set up your neck hammock. You can use a doorknob or some type of rail or post, like the one you may find on a bed headboard. Some neck hammocks may come with different types of straps and equipment that allow for other anchors to be used, but these are the two most common.
On a doorknob use the long strap
With many neck hammocks, you can create an arch from either side of the harness with the provided straps or bands and hang that over a door handle. Some models have a single connector strap that has a loop to put over the handle.
For the most secure results, if possible, hook the hammock to the handle on the opposite side of the door where you plan to lay. Also, make sure you lock the door if you can to prevent someone from coming through or the door from popping open.
On a Railing/Bed Frame
On any type of post, you want to take the loop (or create a loop), pass it over the post, and thread the rest of the straps or harness through the loop, underneath the post. This will create a secure knot around the post that will tighten and stay secured as you put more tension on the harness.
How to use your neck hammock:
Once you have properly and securely fastened your neck hammock to a stable anchor, here are a few tips on how to best use the equipment.
Start by hanging for 5 minutes, especially the first few times if you have never used a neck hammock before. Just like stretching any part of your body, if you do too much, too fast, you can end up hurting your body more than helping.
Once you (pardon the pun) get the hang of it, you can work your way up toward longer hang times. Most neck hammocks suggest that you use their products for 10 to 20-minute hanging sessions.
When hanging your neck hammock from a door, headboard, post, or hook, you want the harness to be approximately 4 inches off the floor. A good way to judge this is by making your hands into fists. Depending on your hand size, 4 inches will be somewhere between 1 and 2 fist lengths.
To get the angle right on the head harness, you will want to lay down with your head approximately 12 to 18 inches away from the door, railing, headboard, etc., where you hook the harness.
NOTE: Although the product is called a neck hammock, the harness is meant to hold the back of your head. Make sure the harness sits over the base of your skull and firmly on the back to upper back of your head.
How Do I Know if I Neck Hammock Makes Sense for Me?
If you are a person who experiences bouts of occasional neck, upper back or shoulder pain, chronic pain, or any condition such as headaches or loss of sleep due to spinal compression or other neck-related issues, a neck hammock may be right for you. Like any type of home physical therapy equipment, it is always recommended that you talk to your physician or physical therapist before using this type of device. If you are interested in finding out if the benefits of a neck hammock will be right for your specific problem, here are a few of the main issues a neck hammock may be able to help alleviate.
For many people, long hours behind the wheel of a vehicle or hunched over a computer can cause neck and upper back discomfort or even chronic pain. Using a neck hammock can relieve the tension after you spend a long day hunched over in the same position.
One of the biggest causes of neck and upper back pain is poor posture. If the way you stand or sit is affecting your spine, a neck hammock, along with other exercises and physical therapy tools can be a great way to both ease the pain caused by your poor posture and start taking steps to correct the core issue.
Sleeping the wrong way can cause neck pain and neck pain can also make it hard for you to fall or stay asleep. Improving the blood flow and taking pressure off your neck may make sleep easier or help lessen pain after sleeping on your neck the wrong way.
Chronic neck and shoulder pain
For people who suffer from chronic pain, a few neck hammock sessions throughout the day may relieve some of that pain and allow you a few hours that follow where the pain subsides to a manageable level or even goes away.
Headaches, migraines, and other such pain may be a result of excess pressure on the top of your spine. To help stop these headaches from happening or treat them when they start to present, a neck hammock may be a good, non-pharmaceutical treatment option.
If you or a loved one suffers from a severe condition related to spine and neck issues, you should first speak to your physician or physical therapist and get their informed medical opinion on whether a neck hammock is advisable for alleviating symptoms.