When something or someone is bothering us, we call them “a pain in the neck.” This phrase must have been created by someone who knew that there is little that’s worse than nagging, persistent neck pain. Unless you have had neck pain – or pain in your upper back or shoulders – you never realize how important the neck and upper trunk are to your body and every aspect of movement. For those who suffer from neck pain though, there is a product that may offer some relief from the daily struggle: a neck hammock.
The best neck hammock consists of a sling that goes around the back of your head and a strap system that either attaches to an apparatus or a common household fixture like a door handle or a pole. The neck hammock helps gently pull your head up and away from your spine. Putting your head in traction like this may offer multiple benefits to those who suffer from temporary or chronic neck and upper back and shoulder pain. This position helps releases the pressure that your head puts on your neck and spine and increases blood flow in that area. This can help relieve pain and promote healing.
There are many neck hammocks on the market and this best neck hammock list can help you decide which product is best for you. While these products all work in much the same way, you can differentiate between your choices on a number of levels. The style, design, materials, price point, and accessories that come with each neck hammock vary. Depending on what you are looking for, one of the products on this best neck hammock list is right for you. Here are the best neck hammocks to buy in 2023.
1. The Neck Hammock Portable Cervical Traction Device for Neck Pain Relief and Physical Therapy
The Original Neck Hammock is a patented cervical traction assistant that works by gently pulling the head away from the neck to stretch and decompress the spinal cord, which increases blood flow, oxygenates the surrounding muscles, decreases pain, and increases the mobility of the neck and shoulders.
The Neck Hammock takes only 10 minutes a day and is the easiest, most portable, one-size-fits-all solution for your back and neck troubles – perfect for athletes, long flights, business trips, long work days, and more!
The patented straps are designed to wrap around any door, railing, or pole, giving you the flexibility to use the Neck Hammock wherever you want – no more laborious setup or oversized equipment
Comes with 2 sewn-in, medical-grade adjustable straps for customizable comfort & maximum durability.
The Neck Hammock was created by Dr. Steve Sudell Jr., a licensed physical therapist with over a decade of experience in physical rehabilitation. U.S. Pat. Nos. 10,307,284, D824,035, D845,492, D845,493, and D845,494.
30-day money-back guarantee.
Neck Hammock is a simple and portable solution that provides neck pain relief wherever you go. With Neck Hammock, not only do you get relief from chronic.
aches and fatigue (relief that you would normally only get at a chiropractor), but you get to take the pressure off your neck leading to a more calm and relaxed feeling.
Neck Hammock provides relief in 15 minutes or less in three steps:
1. Wrap it around your door handle
2. Close the door
3. Lie down and gently recline your head in the hammock
Once you lie down, Neck Hammock’s resistant bands immediately go to work by stretching out your neck, decreasing the tension and compression that gives you those irritating aches and pains.
2. The Neck Hammock Store Neck Cervical Traction Device for Neck Shoulder Pain Relief and Physical Therapy, Portable Neck Support Stretcher, Relaxation Sling with Eye Mask and Carry Pouch
The Original Neck Hammock Portable Cervical Traction Device for Neck Pain Relief and Relaxation
$49.99 in stock
- The Original Neck Hammock is a patented cervical traction assistant that works by gently pulling the head away from the neck to stretch and decompress the spinal cord, which increases bloodflow, oxegenates the surrounding muscles, decreases pain, and increases mobility of the neck and shoulders.
- The Neck Hammock takes only 10 minutes a day and is the easiest, most portable, one-size-fits-all solution for your back and neck troubles - perfect for athletes, long flights, business trips, long work days, and more!
- The patented straps are designed to wrap around any door, railing, or pole, giving you the flexibility to use the Neck Hammock wherever you want - no more laborious setup or oversized equipment
- Comes with 2 sewn-in, medical-grade adjustable straps for customizable comfort & maximum durability.
- The Neck Hammock was created by Dr. Steve Sudell Jr., a licensed physical therapist with over a decade of experience in physical rehabilitation. U.S. Pat. Nos. 10,307,284, D824,035, D845,492, D845,493, and D845,494.
This neck hammock comes from Aplos, a company that fully stands behind their products. This is a well-made, quality hammock but if there ever are any problems, Neck Hammock Store will be there to help. They offer 24-hour customer service as well as a lifetime warranty. If anything ever goes wrong with this product, the company will replace it. The other nice feature of this neck hammock is the memory foam in the head harness. Some head harnesses will dig into your scalp or behind your ears with too much use. The memory foam inside this harness will be very comfortable and let you hang for as long and as often as you need to.
3. Neck Traction Hammock for Neck Pain Relief, Head Hammock with Durable Elastic Safety Cords & Adjustable Straps, Cervical Traction Device Neck Stretcher for Muscle Relaxation & Physical Therapy
Neck Relief Hammock for Neck Pain Head Hammock for Headache Neck Support Portable Relieves Back and Shoulder Pain Without Stand (Black)
$14.99 in stock
- 【Effective Pain Relief】: The head hammock is an excellent cervical neck device to reduce neck pain. Which increases bloodflow, sooths the surrounding muscles, decreases pain, and increases mobility of the neck and shoulders.
- 【Cervical traction assistant】: The head hammock for the neck takes only 10 minutes a day. Which is highly effective for physical therapy, chronic neck pain. Improve blood circulation and sleep quality.
- 【Easy to Install】: One minute is all you need to ready this neck device. Wrap the adjustable straps around any doorknob, railing or bed, the length can be adjusted according to your needs. use the neck decompression device whenever you need rapid neck pain relief.
- Durable Head Hammock For Men and Women】：Our cervical traction device is available for athletes, laborers, dancers, people who work long hours. Our head hammock helps you stay away from the pain and troubles of cervical vertebrae syndrome, to enjoy a comfortable and healthy life.
- 【SATISFACTION ASSURANCE】 : Ergonomically designed to fit your neck perfectly. Soft fabrics keep your head comfortable and relaxed. Lightweight, the perfect size allows you to carry it anywhere, anytime!We also have a lifetime warranty, please contact our first time if have any issues.
This is a high-quality neck hammock that will be durable and long-lasting. The head harness is larger and fuller than many of the other neck hammocks on this list and is made from 100% cotton and memory impact foam. It is supportive and comfortable and, especially for people with larger heads, will have no problem giving you the support you need. The ergonomic design also affords users the utmost comfort. This is one of the lowest priced neck hammocks on this list and, although you do not get some of the accessories you receive with other, more expensive kits, this is a great value for the quality.
4. Soulern Breathable Velvet Cervical Neck Traction Device, Neck Stretcher with Durable Reinforced Elastic Safety Cords & Adjustable Straps for Neck Back Pain Relief
Cervical Traction Device Head Halter Replacement for Neck and Shoulder Pain Relief, Chin Cover for Overdoor Neck Stretcher at Home(Silver)
The two best elements of this Cosy Life neck hammock are its comfort and style. On the style front, this is one good-looking piece of equipment. The head harness has brown velvet on the inside and each pad is trimmed with black. While most of the products on this list are the standard black and gray, this one stands out as one of the best looking. In the comfort front, in addition to the feel of velvet against your skin, there is also a major design element that adds to the comfort level. Ear cutouts on either side of the harness allow your skin and your ears to breathe. Having your head and ears get sweaty during a hanging session is a common problem, and this design allows for maximum airflow to prevent discomfort.
5. Scicalife Head Hammock – Cervical Traction Device Neck Pain and Tension Relief – Includes Massage Roller Ball for Deep Tissue Massage, Sleep Mask and Travel-Friendly Drawstring Storage Bag
Scicalife 1 Set Neck Traction Hammock Cervical Neck Traction Device Over Door Portable Neck Stretcher Hammock for Neck Pain Relief Physical AIDS for Neck Spine Decompressor
- A universal size for most users. This is a good gift for family members, especially for computer workers and the elderly.
- This section is a traction belt for traction chairs. It must be equipped with a traction chair or a traction frame.
- Cervical neck traction device is used to pressure on muscle and fractures of the cervical spine.
- The cervical traction strap allows you to easily perform physical at home, in the office or on a trip.
- of cervical spondylosis, neck/ spinal decompression, relieves pressure on muscle, nerve tissue and fractures of the cervical spine etc.
With its thick padding, sturdy straps, strong hooks, and convenient travel bag, what else would you want from this neck hammock kit? You may not know it now but the answer is an essential oil massage ball! This addition to the set is an amazing extra that complements the relief and relaxation elements of a neck hammock perfectly. With its white grip, you can roll this healing blue ball across the tension-filled areas of your body and massage away all the muscle stiffness. It is perfect for your neck and shoulders especially when you can’t be in the hammock. You can also put essential oil in the ball to be released as you roll and to add to your healing and good feelings.
6. Deloito Neck Head Hammock Kit for Back & Neck Pain Relief | Neck Stretcher & Cervical Neck Traction Device | Spine Decompression Neck Pillow for Physical Therapy
Neck Head Pain Relief Hammock - Cervical Traction Device for Neck Pain Relief, Relax & Reduce Stiffness, Relieve Stress for Neck and Shoulders
- 【Fast Neck Pain Relief】All it takes is 10 minutes a time to stretch your neck, spine, upper back and shoulder muscles to help alleviate discomfort and pain. It can also reduce lower back pain altogether. When your spine is properly aligned, your entire body feels the benefits! This neck stretcher is perfect for athletes, long flights, business trips, long work days, and more!
- 【Physiotherapy】The best neck traction device is aid to gently pulling the head away from the neck to stretch and decompress the spinal cord, which increases bloodflow, oxegenates the surrounding muscles, decreases pain, and increases mobility of the neck and shoulders.
- 【Great Quality And Safety】High-quality materials and superior stitching help ensure long-lasting durability and comfort.Made from upgraded sponge foam and breathable fabric Let you sleep underneath it and feel confident.
- 【Comfortable & Portable】The two sewn-in adjustable straps are tailor-made to wrap around any door, railing, or pole, making it convenient to use our neck traction device wherever you desire. It’s hassle-free setup -no more laborious setup or oversized equipment.
- 【Applicable Gifts】That's the perfect gift for mother and dad making them live a happy life without any back, neck or shoulder pain. Neck head hammock is also a Christmas Day gift, Experience a life without any headaches or stress.
This neck hammock by Deloito is a full-service relaxation and pain relief kit. The package comes with the neck hammock which is adjustable, ergonomically designed, and can be attached to a variety of places to give you the traction you need. The neck harness is extra soft and padded and can also double as a neck pillow that you can use in bed or on a flight. This kit also comes with some relaxing accessories that you will enjoy. There is a handy carrying case along with an eye mask, earplugs, a massage ball, and a fitness resistance band. This comes with everything you need to stay fit, strong, relaxed, and pain-free at home or on the go.
7. NeckSwing Relief Hammock Portable Head Hammock for Shoulder Neck Pain, Cervical Traction Shoulder Support Back Stretcher with Foldable Hammock Stand
NeckSwing - RehabZone Cervical Neck Pain Traction Device - Improves Posture - Decompress Bulging Discs and Achy Joints - Portable - One Size Fits All
- IMPROVE NECK PAIN FROM HOME: The RehabZone Neck Pain Swing works by gently pulling the head away from the neck to stretch and decompress tight muscles, bulging discs, and achy neck joints. The gentle stretch increases bloodflow, oxegenates the surrounding muscles, decreases pain, and increases mobility of the neck and shoulders. Ideal for people with chronic neck pain, poor posture, or those whose daily routine involves prolonged standing/sitting, bending, or uncomfortable body positions.
- PORTABLE, SAFE, EASY TO USE: Set up is easy. Includes a step by step guide and videos on how to set up and use. Adjustable hanging loop can be wrapped around almost any doorknob, railing, or coat hook. Unlike other devices that have been known to break leading to injury, the RehabZone NeckSwing was constructed with safety in mind. Superior construction and multiple safety measures used to ensure 100% confidence in the safety of our product.
- NECK PAIN RELIEF FOR EVERYONE: Start feeling relief using only 10 minutes a day. The RehabZone NeckSwing is a one-size-fits-all solution for all neck, upper back, or shoulder pain. Perfect for the whole family. Travels easily for long flights, business trips, and long work days. Ideal for office workers, students, athletes, shift workers, or anyone with poor posture. Many of our customers note better pain relief and more convenient than going to their chiropractor or physical therapist.
- STRONG AND COMFORTABLE: Designed and constructed under our direct supervision. We are a certified Amazon 5 Star Seller providing best selling pain relief products since 2012. We use only the highest quality materials designed for added safety and increased flexibility compared to other cervical traction hammocks. High-quality materials and superior stitching help ensure long-lasting durability and comfort.
- 100% SATISFACTION PAIN RELIF GUARANTEE: As a leader in pain rehabilitation products RehabZone stands by each and every product we sell. Whether it’s our best selling pain relief DVD’s or AcuPlus, the number one FDA registered pain cream, Innovations For Wellness prides itself in only providing the highest quality pain relief products with an absolute guarantee on your complete satisfaction. If we can’t relieve your pain, we don’t deserve your money. Try any of our products risk free today!
Although it is the most expensive neck hammock on the list, this makes the best neck hammock list because it is the only one that comes with a stand you can use to attach the neck hammock to. This makes it easy to use this neck hammock anywhere. The stand conveniently folds down for storage and transport and is easy to assemble and set up both initially and time and time again. Once you set up the stand, you simply hang the neck hammock from the hook and you are ready to go. NeckSwing neck hammock with stand means you no longer have to compromise position or comfort to use your neck hammock;, you can set this stand up and use it anywhere.
8. Spine Retrax Portable Cervical Traction Device for Neck Pain Relief and Physical Therapy
Spine Retrax Neck Strengthening, Neck and Back Pain Relief, Posture Correction, Hot/Cold Gel Pack, Portable Cervical Traction Device, Neck Traction Device for Home Use
- Neck Pain Relief: The elastic resistance bands strengthen the neck/back muscles by performing the "chin tuck" exercise to correct poor posture, reduce neck pain, nerve damage, and headaches..
- Lower Back Pain Relief: Use the lower back extension attachment to strengthen the back to relieve back pain, Sciatica, slipped disks and more.
- Hot/Cold Gel Pack: Use the optional hot/cold gel pack for extra soothing pain and stress relief .
- Reduce sports injuries. Helps relieve neck pain, tension headaches, poor posture soreness, and stress & anxiety.
- Reduce headaches, chronic neck pain, migraine, muscular stiffness, pinched nerve, herniated disc and posture pain. The Spine Retrax neck traction devices for home use to relax your vertical spine, so it relieves pain.
This Neck Hammock is the original patented device invented by licensed physical therapist Dr. Steve Sudell Jr. Created to hold your head in traction and gently pull the head away from the neck, the hammock helps release tension on the spinal cord which, in turn, helps relieve neck, upper back, and upper shoulder pain.
You can use the Neck Hammock almost anywhere by wrapping the medical-grade adjustable straps around a pole, post, doorknob, or door jam. Using the product just 10 minutes a day may help not only relieve pain but can decompress the neck joints and cervical discs, as well as provide pain relief through stretching the muscles and oxygenating blood flow. The Neck Hammock is the brand name product on this list; it is among the most expensive too, but if you want the original and one of the best, you have to pay a premium.
9. Neck Hammock, Neck Stretcher Cervical Traction, Neck Hammock for Neck Pain Traction, Neck Traction with Adjustable Neck Strap
Fisher Traction Neck Pain & Headache Relief, Invented & Patented by Doctor for Pinched Nerves & Disc Bulges for Neck Pain Relief. Mobile Decompression and Neck Stretcher (Neck Unit)
- Patented Technology. Fisher Traction devices are professionally developed by Dr. Jeff Fisher, a practicing chiropractor with over thirty years of experience. Dr. Fisher invented this neck device after suffering from an acute spine-related sports injury. After not being able to sleep for days due to the pain, he hand-crafted what are now some of the safest, strongest, and most effective traction devices on the market.
- Negative G-Force Technology. The patented “Release Strap” allows the user to control the pull-force by increasing and decreasing the traction/stretching which pumps water into the discs of the spine to re-hydrate them & increase disc height which takes pressure off the nerves and can reduce the pinching of herniations and bulges. By using our “Release Strap” (which no other devices offer) you can treat yourself just like at a doctor’s office with the big expensive Decompression Tables.
- Durable and Portable. Fisher Traction was designed for the user to get the greatest benefits from the consistent and high frequency of use. The units are designed to loop around a doorknob virtually anywhere you go and have some floor space to lay down on your back. Fisher Traction weighs less than 1 lb. making it perfect for traveling.
- Ditch Discomfort. Unlike the competitors, the Fisher Traction Neck Pain & Headache Relief Device is an optimal thirty to thirty-five degrees when fully laid out. This is the best and safest position to maintain the natural curve of the neck.
- Preventative Device. This device helps prevent degenerative changes in the disc and the spine as we age. This greatly reduces the risk of injury and the effects of gravity over time.
This makes the best neck hammock list because it provides everything you need to stretch out your neck and spine on the go. The material and the craftsmanship of the equipment that comes with this kit is top-notch. It has strong carabiner clips and plastic hooks, an elastic band with good tension, and durable adjustable straps. The neck harness is comfortable and the whole thing comes with a nice bag for easy transport as well as an eye mask and a door hanger safety sign.. This is a no muss, no fuss kit that is a good value for the price and will meet all your neck hammock needs.
10. Neck Head Hammock Traction Massager Cervical Tools Posture Pain Relief Relaxation with Free Eye Mask
Cervical Neck Traction Device for Neck Pain Relief, Y Strap Chiropractic Spinal Decompression Tool Home Physical Therapy for Back Pain, Disc Bulges and Spinal Decompression and Migraine Relief
- ✔【Simple and Effective】：If your cervical spondylosis is not very serious, it is recommended to take 10-20 minutes once a day; If your cervical spondylosis is a bit severe, it is recommended to do it twice a day (morning/evening) for 15-25 minutes. The way to use the product is very simple, you just need to wear the product, let another person to help you stretch (if there is no one nearby can hang the handle in a firm place to use), to complete the use.
- ✔【Pain Relief】: The ligaments around the cervical spine are pulled by traction to reduce pressure on the nerve roots, thereby relieving neck muscle spasms and neck pain. At the same time, it can also increase the width of the cervical vertebra gap, which is conducive to the reception of the cervical disc, the recovery of the height of the cervical spine, and the recovery of the physiological curvature of cervical spine flexion, so as to play a role in the treatment of cervical spondylosis
- ✔【High Quality Material】: the head pillow is made of high quality fabric, and the side that touches the skin is designed with fluff. It is more breathable and convenient when using, and won't make the skin feel uncomfortable. Strong reinforced strap, able to withstand high tensile strength; The use of four high-strength elastic bands combination, not only can ensure enough tension, but also can better buffer tension, ensure cervical and lumbar spine injury.
- ✔【Anytime and Anywhere】Ideal Y Strap Spine Chiropractic Decompression Traction Tool for home use, office and travel relaxing, so that people can enjoy cervical stretcher more comfortably to ease work or travel neck fatigue. It can be used on home floors, outdoor flat ground, sofas, beds or yoga mats.
- ✔【AFTER-SALES SERVICE 】: We will provide you with a high quality After-sales. Please contact us anytime if any question.
This is another simple and straightforward kit that is very good value for the money. Even though this is another of the lowest price pieces of equipment on this list, it includes everything you need to use effectively or to give as a gift. In addition to the pieces for the neck hammock – which includes the harness as well as the straps, band, and hooks – you also get a nice black drawstring bag to store the hammock or pack it for travel. An included soft eye mask will help you rest and relax while the hammock takes the strain off your neck and spine. This is everything you need for under $30–a great deal.
11. binROC Neck Traction Hammock for Neck Pain Relief, Head Hammock with Durable Elastic Safety Cords & Adjustable Straps, Cervical Traction Device/Stretcher for Muscle Relaxation & Physical Therapy
Neck Stretcher Cervical Traction Cervical Neck Traction Device Hammock for Neck Pain,Neck Traction Over Door for Home Use,Neck Pain Relief Physical Therapy AIDS for Neck Decompression
|Is Adult Product|
|Size||1 Count (Pack of 1)|
Strong, safe, and comfortable are the three things that this binROC neck hammock stakes its name on. Three features differentiate the binROC hammock from other, similar products on the market. One is that the head harness is ergonomically designed and has adjustable pads so you can find the ideal comfort configuration for you. Secondly, instead of one elastic cord holding your head up, this product has four cords making it stronger and more stable. The third thing that sets this apart from competitors is that it has a reinforced nylon strap and an additional safety band so you don’t have to worry about the equipment snapping and the user getting injured.
12. Meega Tech Wellness Cervical Traction Hammock for Neck and Head-Chiropractic Alignment Stretching Device for Neck Shoulder and Back Pain Portable Physical Therapy Relief for Headaches Migraine and Stress
Meega Tech Neck Head Hammock, Neck Traction Device, Portable Cervical Neck Traction Device for Neck Pain Relief and Physical Therapy, Gift for Parents/Family Member
- [Scientific Way to Relief Neck Pain] A smart, simple, scientific way for neck pain relief. Only 10 minutes a day after work to relief your neck and shoulder pain.
- [Easy to use] Wrap around door handle, close the door and pull tight the hammock, then lie down and relax. It can be used virtually anywhere you are including your home, a hotel room or even at the office.
- [Extra Soft and Super Comfortable] The padding surface is made of super soft micro-fleece fabric, and the support is about 1 inch thick to make sure you are comfortable.
- [Suggestion] we recommend that the head hammock be approx 1-3" off of the floor. If you desire a more aggressive stretch, then have the hammock higher off the ground.
- To improve mobility of the neck and to keep it pain-free, traction is a safe and drug-free option which may work for you, after 10 mins you will begin to feel like your normal self in no time!
This neck hammock does not look like a piece of medical equipment like many of the pieces on this list. The black exterior’s attractive quilted pattern says relaxing spa rather than sterile rehab. The product is also versatile. The strap’s custom hooking system has connectors that easily adapt to not only a door frame or a rail but a door jamb as well. Because of the looks and functionality of this neck hammock, you can feel totally comfortable using it anywhere.
13. Premium Hammock for Neck Pain – Cervical Neck Traction Device for Pain Relief – Neck Stretcher for Shoulder, Muscle & Head Discomfort – Adjustable Portable Neck Sling for Physical Therapy + Free eBook
Neck Stretcher Cervical Neck Pain Relief Cervical Neck Traction Device For Home Use Spine Decompression Machine Harness Sling Physical Therapy Massager
- ☼GOOD HELPER FOR HEALTH: NEPPT cervical traction device can help you stretch your neck at home and relief neck pain.Restore the curve of the cervical spine and recorrect the hump posture.
- ☼ERGONOMIC DESIGN:The extender bracket ensures that the back can be parallel to the door panel, so that the cervical is at a proper angle. It will not make the neck vertebra in an oblique state, which will lead to the reverse arch of the cervical vertebra.
- ☼PORTABLE&EASY TO INATALL: This neck stretcher is detachable, easy to install and disassemble, It only needs to occupy a corner of the suitcase when you go on a bussiness trip.And neck stretcher does not need complicated installation steps, you can easily install it.
- ☼OMFORTABLE&ADJUSTABLE:The height of the cervical hammock can be adjusted according to your height and needs. You can adjust it to a comfortable height when using it to get the most out of it.
- ☼HGIGH QUALITY:Velvet material is used inside the neck bracket, which is soft and skin-friendly, without peculiar smell. The surface of leather is more durable. In addition, the neck straightener is also equipped with a rubber plate, which can protect your door plate during use.
If you are planning on taking your neck hammock on the road with you for personal or business travel, this is a great product to choose. It’s a sensational and durable kit and will look good and travel well. In addition to the lightweight neck hammock, you also get a travel bag, an instruction card with clear pictures, a sleep mask, and even a door hanger that says, “Please don’t disturb relief is in session.” It is a great package that not only makes a very good travel neck hammock kit but is an excellent gift that anyone who suffers from neck or neck-related pain will cherish.
How Do I Properly Use a Neck Hammock?
Like any piece of fitness or medical equipment, safety should be a top concern when using your neck hammock. Below are some general, suggested ways to set up and use your neck hammock. They are simply some best practices, but you should always follow the instructions that come with your specific equipment and consult your physician or physical therapist before using this type of product.
How to set up your neck hammock
There are two main anchors you use to set up your neck hammock. You can use a doorknob or some type of rail or post, like the one you may find on a bed headboard. Some neck hammocks may come with different types of straps and equipment that allow for other anchors to be used, but these are the two most common.
On a doorknob use the long strap
With many neck hammocks, you can create an arch from either side of the harness with the provided straps or bands and hang that over a door handle. Some models have a single connector strap that has a loop to put over the handle.
For the most secure results, if possible, hook the hammock to the handle on the opposite side of the door where you plan to lay. Also, make sure you lock the door if you can to prevent someone from coming through or the door from popping open.
On a Railing/Bed Frame
On any type of post, you want to take the loop (or create a loop), pass it over the post, and thread the rest of the straps or harness through the loop, underneath the post. This will create a secure knot around the post that will tighten and stay secured as you put more tension on the harness.
How to use your neck hammock:
Once you have properly and securely fastened your neck hammock to a stable anchor, here are a few tips on how to best use the equipment.
Start by hanging for 5 minutes, especially the first few times if you have never used a neck hammock before. Just like stretching any part of your body, if you do too much, too fast, you can end up hurting your body more than helping.
Once you (pardon the pun) get the hang of it, you can work your way up toward longer hang times. Most neck hammocks suggest that you use their products for 10 to 20-minute hanging sessions.
When hanging your neck hammock from a door, headboard, post, or hook, you want the harness to be approximately 4 inches off the floor. A good way to judge this is by making your hands into fists. Depending on your hand size, 4 inches will be somewhere between 1 and 2 fist lengths.
To get the angle right on the head harness, you will want to lay down with your head approximately 12 to 18 inches away from the door, railing, headboard, etc., where you hook the harness.
NOTE: Although the product is called a neck hammock, the harness is meant to hold the back of your head. Make sure the harness sits over the base of your skull and firmly on the back to upper back of your head.
How Do I Know if I Neck Hammock Makes Sense for Me?
If you are a person who experiences bouts of occasional neck, upper back or shoulder pain, chronic pain, or any condition such as headaches or loss of sleep due to spinal compression or other neck-related issues, a neck hammock may be right for you. Like any type of home physical therapy equipment, it is always recommended that you talk to your physician or physical therapist before using this type of device. If you are interested in finding out if the benefits of a neck hammock will be right for your specific problem, here are a few of the main issues a neck hammock may be able to help alleviate.
For many people, long hours behind the wheel of a vehicle or hunched over a computer can cause neck and upper back discomfort or even chronic pain. Using a neck hammock can relieve the tension after you spend a long day hunched over in the same position.
One of the biggest causes of neck and upper back pain is poor posture. If the way you stand or sit is affecting your spine, a neck hammock, along with other exercises and physical therapy tools can be a great way to both ease the pain caused by your poor posture and start taking steps to correct the core issue.
Sleeping the wrong way can cause neck pain and neck pain can also make it hard for you to fall or stay asleep. Improving the blood flow and taking pressure off your neck may make sleep easier or help lessen pain after sleeping on your neck the wrong way.
Chronic neck and shoulder pain
For people who suffer from chronic pain, a few neck hammock sessions throughout the day may relieve some of that pain and allow you a few hours that follow where the pain subsides to a manageable level or even goes away.
Headaches, migraines, and other such pain may be a result of excess pressure on the top of your spine. To help stop these headaches from happening or treat them when they start to present, a neck hammock may be a good, non-pharmaceutical treatment option.
If you or a loved one suffers from a severe condition related to spine and neck issues, you should first speak to your physician or physical therapist and get their informed medical opinion on whether a neck hammock is advisable for alleviating symptoms.