When something or someone is bothering us, we call them “a pain in the neck.” This phrase must have been created by someone who knew that there is little that’s worse than nagging, persistent neck pain. Unless you have had neck pain – or pain in your upper back or shoulders – you never realize how important the neck and upper trunk are to your body and every aspect of movement. For those who suffer from neck pain though, there is a product that may offer some relief from the daily struggle: a neck hammock.
The best neck hammock consists of a sling that goes around the back of your head and a strap system that either attaches to an apparatus or a common household fixture like a door handle or a pole. The neck hammock helps gently pull your head up and away from your spine. Putting your head in traction like this may offer multiple benefits to those who suffer from temporary or chronic neck and upper back and shoulder pain. This position helps releases the pressure that your head puts on your neck and spine and increases blood flow in that area. This can help relieve pain and promote healing.
There are many neck hammocks on the market and this best neck hammock list can help you decide which product is best for you. While these products all work in much the same way, you can differentiate between your choices on a number of levels. The style, design, materials, price point, and accessories that come with each neck hammock vary. Depending on what you are looking for, one of the products on this best neck hammock list is right for you. Here are the best neck hammocks to buy in 2021.
1. The Neck Hammock Portable Cervical Traction Device for Neck Pain Relief and Physical Therapy
The Original Neck Hammock is a patented cervical traction assistant that works by gently pulling the head away from the neck to stretch and decompress the spinal cord, which increases blood flow, oxygenates the surrounding muscles, decreases pain, and increases the mobility of the neck and shoulders.
The Neck Hammock takes only 10 minutes a day and is the easiest, most portable, one-size-fits-all solution for your back and neck troubles – perfect for athletes, long flights, business trips, long work days, and more!
The patented straps are designed to wrap around any door, railing, or pole, giving you the flexibility to use the Neck Hammock wherever you want – no more laborious setup or oversized equipment
Comes with 2 sewn-in, medical-grade adjustable straps for customizable comfort & maximum durability.
The Neck Hammock was created by Dr. Steve Sudell Jr., a licensed physical therapist with over a decade of experience in physical rehabilitation. U.S. Pat. Nos. 10,307,284, D824,035, D845,492, D845,493, and D845,494.
30-day money-back guarantee.
Neck Hammock is a simple and portable solution that provides neck pain relief wherever you go. With Neck Hammock, not only do you get relief from chronic.
aches and fatigue (relief that you would normally only get at a chiropractor), but you get to take the pressure off your neck leading to a more calm and relaxed feeling.
Neck Hammock provides relief in 15 minutes or less in three steps:
1. Wrap it around your door handle
2. Close the door
3. Lie down and gently recline your head in the hammock
Once you lie down, Neck Hammock’s resistant bands immediately go to work by stretching out your neck, decreasing the tension and compression that gives you those irritating aches and pains.
2.Mamoo Neck Head Hammock Kit for Back & Neck Pain Relief | Neck Stretcher & Cervical Neck Traction Device | Spine Decompression Neck Pillow for Physical Therapy
2020 Neck Stretcher Head Hammock Portable Cervical Neck Traction Device for Neck Pain Relief, Relaxation Sling Provides Physical Therapy for Neck Tensions and Shoulder Pain
$29.99 out of stock
- ★ YOUR PERSONAL NECK STRETCHER ASSISTANT - Designed by our top-rated physical therapist, our head hammock pillow provides gentle neck traction aid which pulls the head away from the neck to help relieve acute and chronic pain symptoms related to long hours on the computer
- ★ EXCELLENT FOR PROFESSIONALS AND ATHLETES - From long working hours to business trips to long flights, this hammock for neck pain is a godsend for physical rehabilitation on workers and sport players. The patented medical-grade straps are adjustable for customizable comfort and ensure you get the relaxation you need at the end of a long day of pain to fall asleep
- ★ INCREASE OXYGEN, AND BLOODFLOW - Just as it is done by manual therapy, the neck traction device stretches and decompresses the spinal cord to melt away the stress and tensions on your neck muscles and joints, and it can also help with shoulder and back pain. The benefits aren’t few: improved posture, blood circulation and oxygenation, and more mobility of the neck and shoulders, perfect gift for mom and dad
- ★ TAKES ONLY 10 MINUTES A DAY FOR PAIN RELIEF - The adjustable straps are tailor-made to wrap around any door, railing, or pole, making it convenient to use the neck stretcher wherever you desire. It’s hassle-free setup and lets you relax almost immediately
- ★ STELLAR CUSTOMER SATISFACTION ASSURANCE - Customer satisfaction is our priority which is why we provide 30 days money back assurance to ensure your piece of mind.
This neck hammock by Mamoo is a full-service relaxation and pain relief kit. The package comes with the neck hammock which is adjustable, ergonomically designed, and can be attached to a variety of places to give you the traction you need. The neck harness is extra soft and padded and can also double as a neck pillow that you can use in bed or on a flight. This kit also comes with some relaxing accessories that you will enjoy. There is a handy carrying case along with an eye mask, earplugs, a massage ball, and a fitness resistance band. This comes with everything you need to stay fit, strong, relaxed, and pain-free at home or on the go.
3. The Neck Hammock Store Neck Cervical Traction Device for Neck Shoulder Pain Relief and Physical Therapy, Portable Neck Support Stretcher, Relaxation Sling with Eye Mask and Carry Pouch
The Original Neck Hammock Portable Cervical Traction Device for Neck Pain Relief and Relaxation
- The Original Neck Hammock is a patented cervical traction assistant that works by gently pulling the head away from the neck to stretch and decompress the spinal cord, which increases bloodflow, oxegenates the surrounding muscles, decreases pain, and increases mobility of the neck and shoulders.
- The Neck Hammock takes only 10 minutes a day and is the easiest, most portable, one-size-fits-all solution for your back and neck troubles - perfect for athletes, long flights, business trips, long work days, and more!
- The patented straps are designed to wrap around any door, railing, or pole, giving you the flexibility to use the Neck Hammock wherever you want - no more laborious setup or oversized equipment
- Comes with 2 sewn-in, medical-grade adjustable straps for customizable comfort & maximum durability.
- The Neck Hammock was created by Dr. Steve Sudell Jr., a licensed physical therapist with over a decade of experience in physical rehabilitation. U.S. Pat. Nos. 10,307,284, D824,035, D845,492, D845,493, and D845,494.
This neck hammock comes from Aplos, a company that fully stands behind their products. This is a well-made, quality hammock but if there ever are any problems, Neck Hammock Store will be there to help. They offer 24-hour customer service as well as a lifetime warranty. If anything ever goes wrong with this product, the company will replace it. The other nice feature of this neck hammock is the memory foam in the head harness. Some head harnesses will dig into your scalp or behind your ears with too much use. The memory foam inside this harness will be very comfortable and let you hang for as long and as often as you need to.
4. Neck Relief Hammock Portable Head Hammock for Shoulder Neck Pain, Cervical Traction Shoulder Support Back Stretcher with Foldable Hammock Stand
Head Relief Hammock, Hammock for Shoulder Pain, Portable Cervical Traction and Relaxation Device w/Hammock Stand-Suitable for Office Workers, Drivers
- High Quality：Our head relief hammock is made of 100% cotton and heavy duty cables which won’t break and cause you to bang your head on the floor.
- Pain Relief: Use the head hammock after a long day to relieve shoulder pain by stretching and relaxing the muscles in the shoulder, increasing and expanding circulation.
- Hammock Stand：Now the package includes a FREE hammock stand，Fits everyone well. The Head Hammock can be taken indoor,outdoor giving you the flexibility to use it wherever you want!
- Comfortable And Adjuatble: The upgraded adjustable head pads are made of extra soft flannelette. Everyone can enjoy the super comfortable massager.
- Hammock for Cervical pain: List 1 head hammock, 1 hammock stand, 1 travel bag with instructions. The Head Relief Hammock brings the miracle of cervical traction to your home in the form of a simple, portable device you can use every day.
Although it is the most expensive neck hammock on the list, this makes the best neck hammock list because it is the only one that comes with a stand you can use to attach the neck hammock to. This makes it easy to use this neck hammock anywhere. The stand conveniently folds down for storage and transport and is easy to assemble and set up both initially and time and time again. Once you set up the stand, you simply hang the neck hammock from the hook and you are ready to go. Toogel Supheham neck hammock with stand means you no longer have to compromise position or comfort to use your neck hammock;, you can set this stand up and use it anywhere.
5. Toogel EXER Portable Cervical Traction Device for Neck Pain Relief and Physical Therapy
Neck Relief Hammock Head Hammock Neck Stretcher for Shoulder Pain Relief, Cervical Traction Device and Neck Support with Hammock Stand for Office
$38.99 in stock
- High Quality：The head relief hammock is made of safe and heavy duty cables which won’t break and cause you to bang your head on the floor.
- Neck Pain Relief: Use the head hammock after a long day to relieve shoulder pain by stretching and relaxing the muscles in the shoulder, increasing and expanding circulation. Perfect for men and women in need of better neck, back and shoulder health.
- Hammock Stand：Package includes a hammock stand, made of aluminum alloy, compact and light weight, fits everyone well. The Head Hammock can be taken indoor & outdoor giving you the flexibility to use it wherever you want!
- Comfortable And Adjustable: The upgraded adjustable head pads are made of extra soft flannelette. Everyone can enjoy the super comfortable massager.
- Hammock for Cervical pain: The Head Relief Hammock brings the miracle of cervical traction to your home in the form of a simple, portable device you can use every day.
This Neck Hammock is the original patented device invented by licensed physical therapist Dr. Steve Sudell Jr. Created to hold your head in traction and gently pull the head away from the neck, the hammock helps release tension on the spinal cord which, in turn, helps relieve neck, upper back, and upper shoulder pain.
You can use the Neck Hammock almost anywhere by wrapping the medical-grade adjustable straps around a pole, post, doorknob, or door jam. Using the product just 10 minutes a day may help not only relieve pain but can decompress the neck joints and cervical discs, as well as provide pain relief through stretching the muscles and oxygenating blood flow. The Neck Hammock is the brand name product on this list; it is among the most expensive too, but if you want the original and one of the best, you have to pay a premium.
6. Neck Hammock, Neck Stretcher Cervical Traction, Neck Hammock for Neck Pain Traction, Neck Traction with Adjustable Neck Strap
Cervical Neck Traction Device Neck Shoulder Pain Relief Hammock Portable Neck Stretcher Hammock for Headache Neck Pain Relief Relaxation with Adjustable Straps&Reinforced Elastic Safety Cords
- Cervical Neck Traction: It’s works by gently Stretch the cervical to stretch and decompress the spinal cord, which relax nerves improve blood flow, oxegenates the surrounding muscles, relieve discomfort,decreases pain, and increases mobility of the neck and shoulders protect cervical.
- Comfortable&Breathable: Inside made of skin-friendly soft velvet, Ergonomic design Humanized radian curve to fit your neck perfectly,with detachable and adjustable foam pads provides added comfort and relaxation.A free eye mask allow you enjoy rest time better
- How to Use: The Cervical Traction Hammock can wrap around any door, railing, or pole, giving you the flexibility to use the Cervical neck traction wherever you want - no more laborious setup or oversized equipment.Adjustable straps allow you to easily adjust the hammock’s height, even while lying down
- Safer&Durable: The Neck Traction Hammock Equipped with four sturdy elastic cords and a reinforced safety straps for added safety and increased flexibility, Air-Mesh shell fabric Breathable & anti-wear, High-quality materials help ensure long-lasting durability
- Suitable For: The Device are suitable for those office workers, drivers, elderly or people who has cervical or shoulder pain/neck pain/back pain/headache/sitting position error and migraine these different symptoms. Can be used in Home, office even outdoor, its compact traction allows you to use this traction device around any roof beam, patio frame or tree branch.the Neck Decompressor included a travel bag It’s good choose Bring it to camp, beach, park, business travel or holidays
This makes the best neck hammock list because it provides everything you need to stretch out your neck and spine on the go. The material and the craftsmanship of the equipment that comes with this kit is top-notch. It has strong carabiner clips and plastic hooks, an elastic band with good tension, and durable adjustable straps. The neck harness is comfortable and the whole thing comes with a nice bag for easy transport as well as an eye mask and a door hanger safety sign.. This is a no muss, no fuss kit that is a good value for the price and will meet all your neck hammock needs.
7. Neck Head Hammock Traction Massager Cervical Tools Posture Pain Relief Relaxation with Free Eye Mask
Y Strap Neck Chiropractor,Cervical Traction Device Head Halter Replacement for Neck Pain Relief, Neck Decompressor Harness,Neck Alignment Corrector Hanger Hammock Yellow.
- * The original cervical spine hammock, which works by gently pulling the head away from the neck to stretch and decompress the spinal cord, thereby increasing blood flow, replenishing blood to surrounding muscles, reducing pain and increasing neck and neck Activity. shoulder.
- * Neck strap takes only 10 minutes a day and is the easiest, most portable, one-size-fits-all solution for back and neck diseases-perfect for athletes, long-distance flights, business trips, long working hours, etc.! If you have a cervical traction kit on the door, the foam cushioned headrest for the cervical traction kit on the door can help you continue physiotherapy exercises at home.
- * Cervical traction belt can be effectively used for physical therapy, neck pain, arthritis, intervertebral disc herniation, cerebral palsy, etc. The main qualities of the product include composite cloth, tabs, velcro and other materials. According to different functions and composition, it is divided into cervical traction belt, lumbar traction belt, upper limb traction belt and lower limb traction belt. Cervical traction strap allows you to easily perform physical therapy at home, office.
- * Equipped with two sewable medical-grade adjustable straps, customizable comfort and maximum durability, and a sleeping mask for maximum relaxation. This foam-filled headrest is suitable for most adults, because its hook and adhesive strap adjustment can provide you with a customized style.
- * Scope: Universal size suitable for most users. This is a good gift for family members, especially for computer workers and the elderly. It is suitable for pulling the neck of patients and stretching the cervical spine.
This is another simple and straightforward kit that is very good value for the money. Even though this is another of the lowest price pieces of equipment on this list, it includes everything you need to use effectively or to give as a gift. In addition to the pieces for the neck hammock – which includes the harness as well as the straps, band, and hooks – you also get a nice black drawstring bag to store the hammock or pack it for travel. An included soft eye mask will help you rest and relax while the hammock takes the strain off your neck and spine. This is everything you need for under $30–a great deal.
8. Neck Traction Hammock for Neck Pain Relief, Head Hammock with Durable Elastic Safety Cords & Adjustable Straps, Cervical Traction Device Neck Stretcher for Muscle Relaxation & Physical Therapy
Neck Relief Hammock for Neck Pain Head Hammock for Headache Neck Support Portable Relieves Back and Shoulder Pain Without Stand (Black)
- 【Effective Pain Relief】: The head hammock is an excellent cervical neck device to reduce neck pain. Which increases bloodflow, sooths the surrounding muscles, decreases pain, and increases mobility of the neck and shoulders.
- 【Cervical traction assistant】: The head hammock for the neck takes only 10 minutes a day. Which is highly effective for physical therapy, chronic neck pain. Improve blood circulation and sleep quality.
- 【Easy to Install】: One minute is all you need to ready this neck device. Wrap the adjustable straps around any doorknob, railing or bed, the length can be adjusted according to your needs. use the neck decompression device whenever you need rapid neck pain relief.
- Durable Head Hammock For Men and Women】：Our cervical traction device is available for athletes, laborers, dancers, people who work long hours. Our head hammock helps you stay away from the pain and troubles of cervical vertebrae syndrome, to enjoy a comfortable and healthy life.
- 【SATISFACTION ASSURANCE】 : Ergonomically designed to fit your neck perfectly. Soft fabrics keep your head comfortable and relaxed. Lightweight, the perfect size allows you to carry it anywhere, anytime!We also have a lifetime warranty, please contact our first time if have any issues.
This is a high-quality neck hammock that will be durable and long-lasting. The head harness is larger and fuller than many of the other neck hammocks on this list and is made from 100% cotton and memory impact foam. It is supportive and comfortable and, especially for people with larger heads, will have no problem giving you the support you need. The ergonomic design also affords users the utmost comfort. This is one of the lowest priced neck hammocks on this list and, although you do not get some of the accessories you receive with other, more expensive kits, this is a great value for the quality.
9. Soulern Breathable Velvet Cervical Neck Traction Device, Neck Stretcher with Durable Reinforced Elastic Safety Cords & Adjustable Straps for Neck Back Pain Relief
Cervical Traction Device Head Halter Replacement for Neck and Shoulder Pain Relief, Chin Cover for Overdoor Neck Stretcher at Home(Silver)
- HEAD HALTER REPLACEMENT FOR CERVICAL TRACTION DEVICE - It suitable for most kinds of hanging tractor, traction frame, traction chair etc. Effective for Physical Therapy, Neck Pain, Arthritis, Disc Bulges, Herniations, and More.
- GENTLE MATERIAL & ADJUSTABLE DESIGN - Soft foam design of chin cover provides sturdy base to support, with tough and durable leather on surface, skin-friendly material inside. Sewn in medical grade strap with adjustable buckle ensures convenience to use.
- CUSTOMIZED FIT - With the hook and loop adjustment, this foam padded head halter fits most adults, you don't have to worry about the size issue.
- WARRANTY AND GUARANTEE - For any issues that make you disappointed, we will 100% buy it back from you, no question asked. If you have any questions about the product or using method, we are here to help you and will reply to you in 24 hours.
- AVAILABLE COLOR - Black, White, Silver
The two best elements of this Cosy Life neck hammock are its comfort and style. On the style front, this is one good-looking piece of equipment. The head harness has brown velvet on the inside and each pad is trimmed with black. While most of the products on this list are the standard black and gray, this one stands out as one of the best looking. In the comfort front, in addition to the feel of velvet against your skin, there is also a major design element that adds to the comfort level. Ear cutouts on either side of the harness allow your skin and your ears to breathe. Having your head and ears get sweaty during a hanging session is a common problem, and this design allows for maximum airflow to prevent discomfort.
10. binROC Neck Traction Hammock for Neck Pain Relief, Head Hammock with Durable Elastic Safety Cords & Adjustable Straps, Cervical Traction Device/Stretcher for Muscle Relaxation & Physical Therapy
Neck Relief Hammock Head Hammock Portable Cervical Traction Device for Neck Pain&Muscle Relaxation, Durable Elastic Back Stretcher with Hammock Stand
- Effective pain relief neck sling: Neck Sling is a simple device which uses cervical traction to relax and stretch the muscles throughout neck and spine. Daily use for 10~15 minutes will help you gradually relax neck muscles, improve blood flow and get rid of muscle spasms, pinched nerves, or any other neck problem.
- Ergonomically design：Stronger elastic design, Equipped with built-in springs on both sides for stronger elasticity and safer neck support.
- Portable hammock stand: Free hammock stand included in package. Easy to assemble & disassemble. Made of aluminum alloy, sturdy and lightweight, so that it is possible to take it anywhere.
- Comfortable & Durable material: Our head hammock wrap is made of pure soft material with no additives. Neck relief hammock chooses compact built-in springs as upgraded elastic design to avoid breaking and possible injuries.
- Cervical traction device for Men and Women: Ideal for people whose daily routine involves prolonged standing/sitting, bending, or uncomfortable body positions.An ideal gift for a friend, family member, or partner experiencing neck pain.
Strong, safe, and comfortable are the three things that this binROC neck hammock stakes its name on. Three features differentiate the binROC hammock from other, similar products on the market. One is that the head harness is ergonomically designed and has adjustable pads so you can find the ideal comfort configuration for you. Secondly, instead of one elastic cord holding your head up, this product has four cords making it stronger and more stable. The third thing that sets this apart from competitors is that it has a reinforced nylon strap and an additional safety band so you don’t have to worry about the equipment snapping and the user getting injured.
11. Kualiti & Komfort Wellness Cervical Traction Hammock for Neck and Head-Chiropractic Alignment Stretching Device for Neck Shoulder and Back Pain Portable Physical Therapy Relief for Headaches Migraine and Stress
K&K Neck Massager-Neck Hammock For Shoulder Pain, Portable Cervical Traction and Relaxation Device with durable Reinforced Elastic Cords & Adjustable Straps-Back Pain Relief-Back Stretcher.
- Comfortable And Adjustable: The upgraded adjustable head pads are made of an extra soft elastic band. Everyone can enjoy the super comfortable massager. K&K Hammock for Neck is portable, easy to install/uninstall, safe to use, one-size-fits-all solution for your back and neck troubles - perfect for athletes, long flights, business trips, long work days, and more
- Back Pain Relief: Use the neck to improve the following problems like Neck pain, shoulder pain, Spinal pain, Bad posture, Sleep Problem, and Headache. By stretching and relaxing the muscles in the shoulder, increasing and expanding circulation
- High Quality: Our head relief hammock is made of 70% foam,20% polyester,10% nylon for the hammock,100% polyester for the straps which won’t break and cause you to bang your head on the floor. Breathable velvet and super soft and thick sponge can increase comfort and relaxation and can alleviate pain more effectively.This improved design of exposed ears can minimize the squeezing of the ears
- Hammock Stand: K&K Hammock for Neck can be hung by using the doorknob, wrap the loop around the doorknob on the opposite side of the door that you will be using, close the door with the strap coming through between the trim and door, and run the strap over the inside of the doorknob then attach the hammock for neck relaxation
- Hammock for Cervical pain: Elastic Band, Adjustable straps, the superior stitching, Strong D-Ring, Ear holder design, Strong Buckle, Breathable mesh, Eye Mask, Ear, and Neck pads. List 1 head hammock, 1 hammock stand, 1 travel bag with instructions. The Head Relief Hammock brings the miracle of cervical traction to your home in the form of a simple, portable device you can use every day
This neck hammock does not look like a piece of medical equipment like many of the pieces on this list. The black exterior’s attractive quilted pattern says relaxing spa rather than sterile rehab. The product is also versatile. The strap’s custom hooking system has connectors that easily adapt to not only a door frame or a rail but a door jamb as well. Because of the looks and functionality of this neck hammock, you can feel totally comfortable using it anywhere.
12. Premium Hammock for Neck Pain – Cervical Neck Traction Device for Pain Relief – Neck Stretcher for Shoulder, Muscle & Head Discomfort – Adjustable Portable Neck Sling for Physical Therapy + Free eBook
OhhGo Over Door Cervical Traction Pain Relief Neck Stretcher for Cervical Spine Adjustable Neck Traction Device
- Comfortable and ergonomic, you can adjust the height freely.
- With magic sticker design, strong adhesion to prevent falling off, tensile and tear resistant.
- With steel ring fixed design, strong and durable.
- Easy to install and suitable for use on doors.
- It can be used to relieve nervous tension, relieve neck pain, stiffness, and stretch muscles and ligaments.
If you are planning on taking your neck hammock on the road with you for personal or business travel, this is a great product to choose. It’s a sensational and durable kit and will look good and travel well. In addition to the lightweight neck hammock, you also get a travel bag, an instruction card with clear pictures, a sleep mask, and even a door hanger that says, “Please don’t disturb relief is in session.” It is a great package that not only makes a very good travel neck hammock kit but is an excellent gift that anyone who suffers from neck or neck-related pain will cherish.
13. Scicalife Head Hammock – Cervical Traction Device Neck Pain and Tension Relief – Includes Massage Roller Ball for Deep Tissue Massage, Sleep Mask and Travel-Friendly Drawstring Storage Bag
Scicalife 1 Set Neck Traction Hammock Cervical Neck Traction Device Over Door Portable Neck Stretcher Hammock for Neck Pain Relief Physical AIDS for Neck Spine Decompressor
- A universal size for most users. This is a good gift for family members, especially for computer workers and the elderly.
- This section is a traction belt for traction chairs. It must be equipped with a traction chair or a traction frame.
- Cervical neck traction device is used to relieve pressure on muscle and fractures of the cervical spine.
- The cervical traction strap allows you to easily perform physical therapy at home, in the office or on a trip.
- Treatment of cervical spondylosis, neck/ spinal decompression, relieves pressure on muscle, nerve tissue and fractures of the cervical spine etc.
With its thick padding, sturdy straps, strong hooks, and convenient travel bag, what else would you want from this neck hammock kit? You may not know it now but the answer is an essential oil massage ball! This addition to the set is an amazing extra that complements the relief and relaxation elements of a neck hammock perfectly. With its white grip, you can roll this healing blue ball across the tension-filled areas of your body and massage away all the muscle stiffness. It is perfect for your neck and shoulders especially when you can’t be in the hammock. You can also put essential oil in the ball to be released as you roll and to add to your healing and good feelings.
How Do I Properly Use a Neck Hammock?
Like any piece of fitness or medical equipment, safety should be a top concern when using your neck hammock. Below are some general, suggested ways to set up and use your neck hammock. They are simply some best practices, but you should always follow the instructions that come with your specific equipment and consult your physician or physical therapist before using this type of product.
How to set up your neck hammock
There are two main anchors you use to set up your neck hammock. You can use a doorknob or some type of rail or post, like the one you may find on a bed headboard. Some neck hammocks may come with different types of straps and equipment that allow for other anchors to be used, but these are the two most common.
On a doorknob use the long strap
With many neck hammocks, you can create an arch from either side of the harness with the provided straps or bands and hang that over a door handle. Some models have a single connector strap that has a loop to put over the handle.
For the most secure results, if possible, hook the hammock to the handle on the opposite side of the door where you plan to lay. Also, make sure you lock the door if you can to prevent someone from coming through or the door from popping open.
On a Railing/Bed Frame
On any type of post, you want to take the loop (or create a loop), pass it over the post, and thread the rest of the straps or harness through the loop, underneath the post. This will create a secure knot around the post that will tighten and stay secured as you put more tension on the harness.
How to use your neck hammock:
Once you have properly and securely fastened your neck hammock to a stable anchor, here are a few tips on how to best use the equipment.
Start by hanging for 5 minutes, especially the first few times if you have never used a neck hammock before. Just like stretching any part of your body, if you do too much, too fast, you can end up hurting your body more than helping.
Once you (pardon the pun) get the hang of it, you can work your way up toward longer hang times. Most neck hammocks suggest that you use their products for 10 to 20-minute hanging sessions.
When hanging your neck hammock from a door, headboard, post, or hook, you want the harness to be approximately 4 inches off the floor. A good way to judge this is by making your hands into fists. Depending on your hand size, 4 inches will be somewhere between 1 and 2 fist lengths.
To get the angle right on the head harness, you will want to lay down with your head approximately 12 to 18 inches away from the door, railing, headboard, etc., where you hook the harness.
NOTE: Although the product is called a neck hammock, the harness is meant to hold the back of your head. Make sure the harness sits over the base of your skull and firmly on the back to upper back of your head.
How Do I Know if I Neck Hammock Makes Sense for Me?
If you are a person who experiences bouts of occasional neck, upper back or shoulder pain, chronic pain, or any condition such as headaches or loss of sleep due to spinal compression or other neck-related issues, a neck hammock may be right for you. Like any type of home physical therapy equipment, it is always recommended that you talk to your physician or physical therapist before using this type of device. If you are interested in finding out if the benefits of a neck hammock will be right for your specific problem, here are a few of the main issues a neck hammock may be able to help alleviate.
For many people, long hours behind the wheel of a vehicle or hunched over a computer can cause neck and upper back discomfort or even chronic pain. Using a neck hammock can relieve the tension after you spend a long day hunched over in the same position.
One of the biggest causes of neck and upper back pain is poor posture. If the way you stand or sit is affecting your spine, a neck hammock, along with other exercises and physical therapy tools can be a great way to both ease the pain caused by your poor posture and start taking steps to correct the core issue.
Sleeping the wrong way can cause neck pain and neck pain can also make it hard for you to fall or stay asleep. Improving the blood flow and taking pressure off your neck may make sleep easier or help lessen pain after sleeping on your neck the wrong way.
Chronic neck and shoulder pain
For people who suffer from chronic pain, a few neck hammock sessions throughout the day may relieve some of that pain and allow you a few hours that follow where the pain subsides to a manageable level or even goes away.
Headaches, migraines, and other such pain may be a result of excess pressure on the top of your spine. To help stop these headaches from happening or treat them when they start to present, a neck hammock may be a good, non-pharmaceutical treatment option.
If you or a loved one suffers from a severe condition related to spine and neck issues, you should first speak to your physician or physical therapist and get their informed medical opinion on whether a neck hammock is advisable for alleviating symptoms.