Small personal fans are a great way to beat the heat on those long summer days. There are a lot of different designs out there for fans, whether they are tiny ones that fold up into your pocket, larger ones that are mounted with a clip, or even a personal misting fan to pack that extra punch when you need to cool off.
There are so many options out there, that you may not be sure which features best fit your needs and which you can go without. Do you need a more powerful airflow, or can you compromise airflow a bit to opt for something extremely portable? To help you decide on the right product for you, here is a list of the best personal fans available online today, what makes them so great, and what makes them not so great.
Cabf Handheld Fan
For those always on the go
This battery-operated personal fan from Cabf is the perfect size to fit in a purse or carrying bag. It’s only about 7 inches tall and 1 inch wide. There are three different fan levels. At the lowest level, the fan can run for about 6 hours on a single charge, at the highest level, about 2 hours. It comes with a wrist strap that can be conveniently wrapped around the base of the fan for storage and unwrapped when needed. This fan also comes with a 30-day guarantee so you can get a full refund if you’re not satisfied.
- It’s battery-operated and the battery is rechargeable
- It has a compact design that’s easy to transport
- It has a built-in wrist strap
- The small design means less airflow
- The battery only lasts for about 2 hours if the fan is used on the high setting
Ebow Personal Dual-Head Fan
For those who want something pocket-sized
This dual-head fan from Ebow is another great option if you’re looking for something that can transport easily. It’s small and it folds up into itself so that the fan is protected while in your pocket or bag. It has two settings, high and low, and runs for 3 hours on high and about 5 hours on low in a single charge. This battery-operated personal fan can be recharged with a simple USB cord. The dual-head design is great because it allows the fan to be packed away in a small container without compromising power.
- It packs away into its own case for easy, protected transport
- It has a built-in lanyard hole so that it can be hung during use
- The carrying case also acts as a stand
- The small design is great for transportation but means less airflow
- It doesn’t appear to come with any warranty or guarantee
COMLIFE Handheld Misting Fan
For when you need extra cooling power
This personal misting fan from COMLIFE is built with a small water reservoir that will continually mist you while the fan is running. When it’s on and in misting mode, you can enjoy a cool mist with your breeze for a full 30 minutes on a single fill. The small design of this fan is perfect for travel. Just fold the fan head down toward the handle and throw it in your bag! The fan can run anywhere between 2 and 13 hours depending on mist setting and fan speed. It can be recharged anywhere with a convenient USB cable.
- It is built with a small water reservoir for misting
- It has a built-in light that shifts colors
- It comes with a small clip for propping the fan at different angles or for hanging
- If you’re using the mist on a high fan setting, the battery doesn’t last very long
- There’s no apparent warranty or guarantees
COMLIFE Clip-On Fan
For those who need more powerful airflow
This clip-on fan from COMLIFE is a small, oscillating fan with larger blades for better airflow. This battery-operated personal fan can run for a whopping 40+ hours. The clip is perfect for attaching to baby strollers, car seats, desks, or headboards. The swivel attachment allows the fan to turn a full 360 degrees and also be tilted a full 360 degrees. Once you have chosen a position, the fan oscillates in an 80-degree span. It also has a built-in diffuser tank for essential oils or bug repellent.
- It has a very long battery life
- The clip allows it to be mounted anywhere
- The large blades provide great airflow
- This fan is designed larger than other portable fans, so it’s not as easy to transport
- There’s no indication that it comes with any warranties or guarantees
Windrio Handheld Misting Fan
For those who want something they can use at night too
Windrio’s personal misting fan is built with a water tank that can dispense cool mist for about 20 minutes. You can fold the head of the fan flush with the handle for easy transport and to direct the airflow and attach a clip to the handle to prop up or hang the fan. Three airflow settings and two misting settings keep you cool. It also features a color-changing LED light for nighttime use. You can power this fan with the included rechargeable battery or by plugging it in with a USB cable (also included).
- It has a misting tank that can be used at two levels
- It has a color-changing LED light for easy use at night
- It comes with a clip-on stand/hanger for easy use anywhere
- The battery only lasts about 3.5 hours at the highest speed and misting settings
- There doesn’t appear to be any warranty or guarantee when buying this product
OPOLAR Small Handheld Portable Fan
For those who don’t want to compromise power for portability
This handheld personal fan’s rechargeable batteries come in a pair: one for use, the other as back-up. With three different settings, this fan’s lowest setting runs for 11 hours on just one fully charged battery. At high speed, it lasts 3 hours. When you need to take it with you on the go, the head of the fan folds up next to the handle so it can be packed in smaller spaces.
- It comes with two rechargeable batteries
- The handle is foldable for easy transport
- Comes with a 1-year warranty against defects
- There’s no clip or lanyard to hang or mount the fan in any way
- You can’t recharge the fan on the go (USB cable, etc.)
HandFan Handheld Misting Fan
For those who want something a little stylish
This stylish personal misting fan from HandFan features a dark royal blue color and an LED light that shifts through 7 different colors. It features one-button that controls the fan, mister, and LED light. With three speed levels for the fan, its highest setting runs for 2.5 hours, and its lowest runs for 9.5 hours. The misting tank holds about 17ml of water and can run for 20 minutes continuously on a single fill.
- It is designed in an attractive Royal Blue color
- It folds away easily for travel or to adjust the airflow direction
- The LED light is great for using the fan at night
- The description doesn’t say whether it comes with rechargeable batteries or back-up power banks
- There’s no indication that the product comes with any warranties or guarantees.
Mieuxbuck Clip-On Fan
For those who want peace of mind
This clip-on personal fan is similar to the one listed earlier in this list, but this one comes with a one-year warranty. It also features a brushless motor so that it’s ultra-quiet when running. Lasting up to 40 hours on a single charge, this fan enables you to control the power on a gradient instead of individual settings. It also has a compartment where you can add essential oils and use it as a diffuser.
- It has built-in aromatherapy diffusing capabilities
- It has a one-year warranty
- It can be clipped anywhere and adjusted to reach you at any angle
- It can be recharged with a USB cable or the charging cable
- It’s too bulky to fit into a purse or pocket
O2COOL Small Carabiner Keychain Misting Fan
For those who want something truly compact
Need a super small personal misting fan? O2COOL has this keychain-sized option that’s perfect for those who want to pack light. With four bright, fun colors to choose from, these fans can clip to a bag strap, belt loop, keyring, or lanyard with the carabiner. And the fan runs on a single AA battery (not included) and mists continuously while on its one speed.
- It is so tiny that it’s easy to bring anywhere
- There are cool, fun colors to choose from
- The soft foam blades are safe for anyone to use
- You can’t control the speed or mist setting
- You have to use AA batteries, so there’s no option to recharge on the go unless you pack extra batteries
OPOLAR Handheld Fan
For those who want extra power
This fan has a detachable battery and comes with a backup battery as well, and the batteries can run between 10 and 40 hours depending on which of the three settings you choose. The batteries can also be used as power banks for USB-charged devices in a pinch. The stand folds up next to the head of the fan for easy packing or to act as a stand. It also has a metal clip and a hanger for hands-free use. It is designed with a brushless motor and saves energy and runs very quietly.
- This fan comes with two power banks that run for a long time
- The power banks can also charge your electronics
- It comes with a one-year warranty
- There are only three settings instead of a graduated knob that gives more control
- Though it travels easily, the airflow is less than some of the other options available
COMLIFE Flexible Tripod Personal Fan
For those who want flexibility
This personal fan is mounted onto a flexible tripod that can stand alone or be wrapped around a pole, the back of a headrest, or the handle of a stroller. The fan rotates a full 360 degrees, so it’s easy to adjust even after mounting. The fan can be removed from the tripod to pack away easily and carry with you. It can be charged with a USB cable and works for up to 8 hours on a single charge. Choose from four adjustable speeds and enjoy the strong airflow and ultra-quiet design.
- The flexible tripod base makes it easy to use anywhere
- The USB charging cable makes it easy to recharge on-the-go
- It has an ultra-quiet motor
- It’s unclear if there’s any sort of satisfaction guarantees or warranty
- It doesn’t come with a backup battery
Alfway 3-in-1 Rechargeable Portable Handheld Fan
For those who want a fan with multiple uses.
Alfway’s handheld fan has a sleek design and an easy-to-use button with light-up indicators showing the speed setting. This fan has the standard three speed settings. At the highest speed, the battery can last for 3 hours. At the lowest speed, it can last for 10 hours. It can be recharged by plugging it in with a USB cable. The base of the fan handle also has a built-in flashlight, making it a perfect multi-use tool for night time or outdoor use. The USB port at the bottom also allows the fan to act as a power bank for other electronics.
- It is designed to be used as a fan, flashlight, or power bank
- It has a sleek, modern design
- It can easily be recharged on-the-go with a USB cable
- There’s no indication that it comes with any warranties or guarantees
- The battery does not last very long compared to some larger fans
JENTXON Handheld Fan
For those who want something discreet
Not excited about the idea of carrying an ugly fan in your bag? This personal fan is disguised as a bottle of cologne or perfume. There are a few different colors to choose from. When the fan is slid into its case, it looks like any other perfume bottle. When the top of the bottle is pulled, the fan slides out from the cover. It measures only 13cm tall and 7.4cm wide, so it’s easy to throw in any purse. It runs on a USB-charged lithium battery for anywhere between 3-10 hours on a single charge (depending on the speed setting).
- It’s a stylish alternative to a typical handheld fan
- The fan can be recharged anywhere with a USB cable
- It is so small that you’ll barely notice it in your bag
- There is no indication that it comes with any warranties or guarantees
- There doesn’t appear to be any way to attach a clip or reposition the angle of the airflow
BENGOO Handheld Fan with Charging Base
For those who plan to use it regularly
This BENGOO battery-operated personal fan comes with a convenient charging base that you can leave on your counter, dresser, or office desk. Take the fan with you wherever you go and return it to the charging base when you get back. By storing it on the charging base, you will know that your fan is fully-charged and ready to go when you are. This fan has five speed settings. At the highest setting, the battery lasts for only two hours. But at the lowest setting, it can last for up to ten hours.
- The purchase of this fan comes with the convenient charging base
- There are more speed options than most other fans
- You can detach the fan and use the base as a power bank for other electronics
- The battery does not last very long when you use the fan at the highest setting
- There doesn’t appear to be any guarantees or warranties with this purchase
- There doesn’t appear to be any way to add a clip or hanger to the fan